Conference Presentations and Publications
"no one style of leadership can adequately describe the complex leadership role occupied by principals in independent schools. There is no simple formula that produces greatness; the best Heads are individuals who know their own minds and have their own ideas and they are keen to learn from others about what works well elsewhere"
On the mighty Zambezi, July 2017
You can all be exemplary leaders
Model the way
Inspire a shared vision
Challenge the status quo
Enable others to act
Encourage the heart
- ASBA NSW/ACT State Conference 2018 – Batman and Robin: Dynamic Duo
- AHISA Leading Learning and Caring Conference, 2018 – So, you want to be a principal….
- HICES Term 1 Meeting, 2018 – Light and fast leadership at HVGS
- AHISA New Members’ Conference, 2017 – The difference between leading and managing
- AHISA Leading Learning and Caring Conference, 2016 – The independent school principal – superhero!
- HICES Biennial Conference, 2016 – Courageous leadership
- AHISA Biennial Conference, 2015 – What differentiates highly effective leaders from those who are merely competent
- HICES State Branch Meeting, 2014 – Change leadership: a personal narrative
- HICES Biennial Conference, 2012 – Man up
- The Independent School Principal, Superhero. Article published in Independence May 2017, the Journal of the Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia
- What Makes an Effective Leader of Large, P-12, Independent Schools In Australia. Independence May 2016.
Courageous Leadership | Cultural Leadership | Sustainable Leadership | Adaptive Leadership | Leadership required for Independent Schools in Aust.